All online casinos offer bonuses to attract new players and to retain those that have already signed up. A bonus is free playing money that allows you to cash out provided certain conditions are met. It is necessary that you understand bonuses completely before you claim them at any of our recommended online casinos. In this article we will explain:
- Different types of bonuses
- How to claim bonuses
Types of Online Casino Bonuses
We briefly list the different types of online casino bonuses, before explaining in detail the ones you will encounter most often.
- No deposit bonus: A lumpsum amount given to play without your having to make a deposit.
- Deposit match bonus: You make a deposit and will be given a specified percent of that deposit as bonus.
- Free spins: You get a number of spins on a slot game where the bet amount is not deducted from your account but you can cash out a part of the wins.
- Cashback bonus: If you make a net loss during a specified period you get a bonus equal to a specified percent of the loss.
- Loyalty points: You get a loyalty point every time you bet a certain amount. The loyalty points can be accumulated and converted to bonus funds.
Welcome Bonus Package
This is the most important bonus you will face, because your decision of signing up at an online casino could depend on this offer. At the best online casinos, the welcome offer consists of two components.
- No deposit sign up bonus: This is a free play amount or free spins on slot games awarded as soon as you create a new account, but before you make a deposit. You can try out the casino games before making a financial commitment.
- Match deposit sign up bonus: This is a bonus made against the first deposit(s). It is given as a percent of the deposit(s) subject to a maximum bonus amount. The offer could include free spins as well.
These bonuses are offered to existing players that have claimed and used the welcome bonus. The objective is to prevent players from going to other online casinos by providing free playing funds from which a cashout is possible.
How to Claim Online Casino Bonuses
Each online casino has its own specific method and you will have to follow given instructions. However, two broad systems are common.
Using Bonus Codes
Some online casinos will specify an alphanumeric code with each bonus offer. When you are making a deposit, you will be asked to enter the bonus code in a field. If you make the deposit leaving the code field blank then you will not get the bonus.
Selecting from Drop Down Lists
Other online casinos provide a drop-down list of eligible bonuses. You have to select the one you want before completing the deposit.
In either case, it is extremely important that you understand all the terms and conditions before claiming the bonus.
We Pick Casinos with the Best Bonuses
We know that bonuses are as important in online casino gaming as are security and games portfolio. We recommend online casinos only if they offer attractive and fair bonuses. Often, we negotiate special welcome bonus offers exclusively for our readers.